Naama Arad - Untitled (2012) - Shredded Xerox prints and tape
people, please. please. I still REALLY need you to send me your hair. I’ve had a couple people message me offering, which I really really appreciate, BUT I NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS!
1. if you trim your beard, your pubes, your leg hair, WHATEVER, collect the trimmings, put them in an envelope and send them over to me.
2. if you wax, save the strips after you’re done and send them over to me.
3. if you get a hair cut, save the hair, and send it to me.
4. if you have a weave or hair extensions, send them to me (these I promise to return because I know they’re expensive)
5. if you own a damn hairbrush, brush you hair for a week, then take the hair that collects on the brush, put it in an envelope and send it to me.
PLEASE. really I need your help, I can’t do this alone.
message me and I’ll give you an address.
(serious inquiries only. also don’t send me animal hair.)
(also I realize i don’t have an ask box, so you can either send me a fan-mail or hop on over to my main blog ‘snakeoil.tumblr.com’ and message me there!)
Signal Boosting to help out an artist with a really awesome message. Please check her out and help if you can. Even a little bit can go a long way.
First three images: Open Water No. 24, 2009 - oil on canvas
Bottom image: Swell, 2006 - oil on canvas
(via/follow Only Posts With 10,000 Notes)
A beautiful hyper-realistic painting by artist Omar Ortiz. Such an incredible use of paint to create depth of focus and the reflection of light on skin.